Translate

MISSION STATEMENT

V-EGANISM is independent in thoughts and actions, only choosing what is right and just for animals, humans, and the environment. V-EGANISM however does have a mission statement which is how the founder of veganism, Donald Watson, originally coined the word's definition. It was a perfect definition then and it still is a perfect definition now. So the following paragraph is V-EGANISM's official Mission Statement:


"V-EGANISM educates people and helps people and animals regarding the political and social justice cause, Veganism, which is a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude--as far as is possible and practical--all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, cosmetics, household products, entertainment, service or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals, and the environment."


OPERATION V-EGANISM SHARING LINKS

I share links daily regarding animal rights/veganism on Twitter. https://twitter.com/LorraineVegan.

Healthy Body, Mind & Spirit Maneki Neko Cat

Healthy Body, Mind & Spirit Maneki Neko Cat

Love & Peace Maneki Neko Cat

Love & Peace Maneki Neko Cat

Animals Killed Counter

The Animal Kill Counter: Basic Version << ADAPTT :: Animals Deserve Absolute Protection Today and Tomorrow

Animals Slaughtered:

0 marine animals
0 chickens
0 ducks
0 pigs
0 rabbits
0 turkeys
0 geese
0 sheep
0 goats
0 cows and calves
0 rodents
0 pigeons and other birds
0 buffaloes
0 dogs
0 cats
0 horses
0 donkeys and mules
0 camels and other camelids

These are the numbers of animals killed worldwide by the meat, egg, and dairy industries since you opened this webpage. These numbers do NOT include the many millions of animals killed each year in vivisection laboratories. They do NOT include the millions of dogs and cats killed in animal shelters every year. They do NOT include the animals who died while held captive in the animal-slavery enterprises of circuses, rodeos, zoos, and marine parks. They do NOT include the animals killed while pressed into such blood sports as bullfighting, cockfighting, dogfighting, and bear- baiting, nor do they include horses and grey- hounds who were exterminated after they were no longer deemed suitable for racing. Courtesy of ADAPTT

Veg Movies Website - Largest collection of Animal Activism films!

VegMovies plant-based and animal-friendly movie directory


Truth!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vegan Bloggers

I'm not only a blogger but I often comment on other blogs. When I do, my comments are always constructive and honest. Also, as many people do, when you click on to my photo, you arrive at my own blog which lets you know I am indeed not a troll.

I do not post hateful or insulting comments.

Below are the last two blogs where I posted comments but were censored so not shown on their blog:

compassionatecook.com

ieatgrass.com

Both are vegan blogs, which really doesn't surprise me as I have found in my 30+ years in the animal rights movement that most (please note: not all) vegans tend to be pompous egomaniacs which may be the reason why unless you post comments that agrees with those blog sites above, your comments won't be posted--at least mine weren't.

The first one I posted to, at Compassionate Cook, was in response to the blogger saying in her podcast she doesn't allow people to bring any animal food into her home. She went on and on about it....So she said she received an email from a person asking her if she allows people to bring their leather clothing, shoes or wallets into her home also. Interestingly, she did not answer it although she brought it up. She seemed to have felt the need not to answer the person but I thought it was a very legitimate statement.

If you are going to be a vegan, you should address the clothing issue as well--not just what people put in their mouths.

So I replied to her after listening to that podcast with the comment:

"You said you do not allow people to bring in animal food in your home. Do you also not allow people to bring in your home clothing made from animals too?"

Blogger Colleen Patrick Goudreau did not post it as I noticed other comments were posted well after I had posted mine.

Note to blogger Colleen of Compassionate Cook. Instead of refusing to reply to me, you could have responded to me (and to that letter someone sent you) either of these ways:

1. I let people in my home who wear animals because ____________________.
2. You're making me think about this. I should also not allow people to bring animal clothing in my home also, telling them in a nice way, or at least I should have a coat rack by my door and have them leave leather coat, shoes, etc. by door.

In certain places, it is customary to leave coats and shoes by the door--vegan or not.

Colleen is well known in the vegan community as a spokesperson in different ways, have written books, etc. so it's sad that she doesn't know how to reply in a mature, intelligent way to people who, in this case, simply wants clarification in her statement.

The second one I posted to, I Eat Grass, was in response to the blogger who said as his first words, "I love kale." Then he stated a lie saying, "I know every vegan says that!" I replied in a comment saying:

"I don't really like Kale. I think it's overrated and unsatisfying. Kale in chips form or potato chips, I'd rather have the potato chips."

Blogger, Morgan Dudkewitz did not post it as I noticed another comment was posted well after I had posted mine.

Note to Morgan of I Eat Grass. Instead of ignoring my comment, you could have responded to me like this, especially if you are a raw vegan food blog:

Wow, it's too bad you prefer processed, unhealthy potato chips over delicious, wholesome kale. Potato chips may taste good to you but it's definitely not nutritious. Did you know this about potato chips? (His reasons why potato chips are unhealthy).....Maybe by trying some good recipes with kale in it may turn you on to kale, as you're really missing out on something very good for you. (He could post more of his favorite kale recipes too.)

It's too bad that he decided to pooh-pooh my comment. This would have been a great opportunity to discuss healthier eating to me, a vegan who is hooked on processed vegan food. I would have listened and took his words to heart. But instead, I am not interested in going to his blog anymore because of his immature attitude.

Both blogs have lost me due to their blog unprofessionalism.

Interesting, regarding Alex Jamieson's blogpost that I replied to and made a blogpost about here: Reply to Alex Jamieson's "I’m not vegan anymore", Alex has allowed the most vicious comments to her, in reply to what she said, to her blog. I've even heard she allowed a comment where someone called her the "C" word (rhymes with runt). Mind you, her comments are moderated; I know this because that's what a sign came up when I commented on her blog, then a little later, my comment was posted (Thanks Alex).

Whatever needs to be said about Ms. Jamieson, at least she's mature and professional enough to allow comments on her blog from people who disagree with her--and there are many!

All bloggers: I know, it's your blog to do whatever you want with it and moderate as you want. I can see not posting comments made by trolls, but if you do not post comments just because someone doesn't agree with you, or post only comments that praise you means you must be an extremely pompous, arrogant and haughty person. You have self-esteem issues.... Being open to others' opinion is a wise, humble approach. And remember, just because you post it doesn't mean you have to agree with it, and by posting other views/opinions does show that you're an intelligent, mature adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Twitter! I share links daily regarding animal rights/veganism on Twitter: